EXPERIENCE A COLLABORATION OF THE GREATEST MINDS IN ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY AND SIGNAL INTEGRITY ENGINEERING!
• Hear top-rated peer-reviewed technical papers presented by the leading authorities in engineering. These professionals actively participate in the symposium by attending the various sessions and sharing their latest research and expertise.
• Learn from workshops and tutorials presented by representatives of prominent companies and universities in the industry. Presenters hail from companies such as IBM Corp., Intel Corp., Oracle Corp., Cisco Systems, Inc, Samsung Electronics, Ford Motor Co., ETS-Lindgren, NASA, Boeing and many others.
• Observe and interact with live experiments and demonstrations of computational modeling & simulation and hardware that prove important EMC & SI/PI concepts.
• Visit the exhibit floor to explore current technologies, products, services, and more.
• Share fun-filled social events with other students and fellow professionals. This is a chance to meet others and make connections that will last a lifetime and assist in your future career path.
STUDENT CALL FOR PAPERS
The IEEE EMC Society is seeking original, unpublished papers covering all aspects of electromagnetic compatibility, including EMC design, modeling, measurements and education. Graduate and undergraduate authors are eligible for the Best Student Paper contest. The student must be the primary author and should indicate that they wish to be considered for the contest when submitting the preliminary manuscript. Each student’s professor will be asked to certify that the paper is primarily the work of the student. Students submitting EMC and SIPI Technical Papers must plan to attend.
Authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their symposium paper for possible publication in a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility.
Need Help Organizing your Technical Paper?
Students may not have experienced the preparation and submission of a technical paper. To assist in the process, we enlisted help from Joseph Vas, IEEE EMC Society Student Liaison. Joseph has prepared a flowchart to help students organize their content for a technical paper.
An accepted paper will gain exposure for students and can lead to career opportunities. The EMC + SIPI 2017 attendees hail from some of the world's leading companies in technology, military, automotive, space, medical and many others!
2016 STUDENT AWARD RECIPIENTS
Best Symposium Student Paper Award
Top-layer Interconnect Inductance Extraction for the Pre-Layout Power Integrity
Ying S. Cao, University of Hong Kong with Frank Sabath, IEEE EMC Society President
Best Symposium Student Paper Award Honorable Mention
EMI Control Performance of the Absorbing Material for Application on Flexible Cables
Guangyao Shen, Missouri University of Science and Technology with Frank Sabath, IEEE EMC Society President
Best Student Design Award
Ali Foudazi, Atieh Talebzadeh and Omid Hoseini Izadi, Missouri University of Science and Technology
Best Student Design Award - Honorable Mention
Shubhankar Marathe, Abhishek Patnaik, and Tamar Makharashvili, Missouri University of Science and Technology with Frank Sabath, IEEE EMC Society President
IEEE JAMES C. KLOUDA MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
IEEE James C. Klouda Memorial Scholarship Award
For excellence in the field of EMC Studies
Eric Pollmann, Georgia Institute of Technology with Frank Sabath, IEEE EMC Society President
The IEEE James C. Klouda Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of James C. Klouda and his professional career in the field of electromagnetic compatibility. The Scholarship Fund awards, on an annual basis, a scholarship to a qualified undergraduate student or graduate student who seeks an electrical engineering degree with emphasis in the field of electromagnetic compatibility or a related discipline, from an accredited US university or college.
EMCS student membership for one year