CALL FOR SPECIAL SESSIONS
The period for submitting Workshops & Tutorials Proposals is completed. The committee is working to determine the EMC+SIPI 2017 program content. Once the program is finalized, information will be posted here. Please check back for details!
Special Session Proposal Schedule
• Proposals for Special Sessions will be accepted from November 1, 2016 to December 20, 2016 - Completed
• Late proposals will not be accepted
• Notification of acceptance decision will be made by January 8, 2017
Special Session Paper Schedule
• Special Session Papers must be submitted by March 6, 2017
• Late papers will not be accepted
• Notification of review feedback, April 19, 2017
• Final version of Special Session papers from all authors are due no later than May 3, 2017
ATTENTION SPECIAL SESSION ORGANIZERS AND AUTHORS
Authors of potential Special Session Papers are strongly encouraged to submit their papers as regular papers following the schedule and process for regular papers - instead of following the Special Session Paper schedule or waiting for approval of the Special Session Proposal.
This option has the major advantage for authors that, if the Special Session Proposal is not selected, the paper will still be reviewed on its own merits and can still be accepted for publication at the symposium. If the Special Session is accepted, the Special Session organizers can refer to the paper submission number and the paper will be transferred to the Special Session.
SPECIAL SESSION ORGANIZER RESPONSIBILITIES
For proposals that are accepted, the Special Session organizer will be responsible for soliciting presentations, corresponding with session speakers, ensuring deadlines are met by the speakers, corresponding with the symposium committee and moderating the session at the symposium.
All Special Session papers are peer reviewed through the same process as all other technical paper submissions and must be original contributions. Tutorial papers are not acceptable in a Special Session.
Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated for:
• Importance of topic
• Novelty and originality
• Technical depth
• Readability and clarity of proposal
- Special Sessions with only one speaker will not be accepted-
The template file for presenters can be found here. The screen size is 16:9 widescreen.