SIGNAL AND POWER INTEGRITY (SIPI 2017)
2017 IEEE International Conference on Signal and Power Integrity (SIPI 2017)
An embedded conference within the 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Signal and Power Integrity
Dates: August 7-11, 2017
Location: The Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, National Harbor, Maryland
CALL FOR PAPERS
EMC and SIPI Call for Papers are now closed.
Please consider submitting an Abstract Reviewed Paper.
INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS
2017 IEEE International Conference on Signal and Power Integrity (SIPI 2017) will be held as an embedded conference within the 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Signal and Power Integrity. Registered attendees will have access to the entire EMC Symposium program, in addition to the programs of SIPI 2017, without additional fees. As high-speed designs continue evolving, signal/power integrity and other EMC problems become tightly related to each other. Thus, the conference provides a unique opportunity for attendees to exchange ideas and share experiences relevant for today’s high-speed designs.
Join your colleagues and experts/innovators in Washington DC for a full week of technical presentations on advances and research works in EMC, SI, PI and other related fields. All papers that are accepted will be published in IEEE Xplore. In addition, authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their symposium paper for possible publication in a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility. Proposals for special sessions, workshops, tutorials and experiments are also highly encouraged.
PAPER TOPICS OF INTEREST
• Interconnect modeling and extraction
• Channel analysis
• Design, analysis, simulation, modeling and measurement techniques
• 3-D IC and TSV
Tools and Methodologies
• De-embedding method
• Time domain and frequency domain measurement techniques
• Simulation and measurement correlation
• Advanced simulation tools/algorithms
• Device modeling and characterization
• Multiphysics modeling for Analog/RF/MEMS/optical chip-package-systems
• Macromodeling and Model Order Reduction for Signal and Power Integrity
• Signal integrity and power integrity co-analysis
• System-level SI/PI/EMI co-design
Please consider the 2017 Theme Topics:
• Theme Topic I – EMC for Emerging Technologies
- Wireless EMC
- Radio-Frequency Interference
- Smart Grid EMC
- Nano-Materials and Silicon Photonics
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems EMC
• Theme Topic II – Signal & Power Integrity
- High-speed channel characterization and modeling
- Signal/power integrity co-design and co-simulation
- 3D IC and 3D packaging
- Measurement techniques
- Jitter, equalization, BER
• Theme Topic III – EMC and the Internet of Things
- Power Integrity
- Wireless & RF Spectrum Challenges/Solutions
- Medical Devices
- Smart Cities and Energy
- Tactics and topics for the next generation of device and system requirements
AUTHOR SUBMISSION SCHEDULE FOR PAPERS
• Preliminary Full Paper Manuscript: November 1, 2016 - January 16, 2017 January 23, 2017
(late papers will not be accepted)
• Acceptance Notification: February 21, 2017
• Final Paper Due: May 3, 2017
Please refer to the Call for Special Sessions and Call for Workshops/Tutorials for their respective submission schedules
• Traditional Oral presentation: Presentation for those interested in presenting to large groups with limited potential for interactions with attendees. Six-page paper maximum, 20 minute presentation with 10-minute question and answer session
• Open Forum: Presentation for those interested in direct interaction with individuals or small groups
STUDENT PAPER CONTEST
As part of the EMC Symposium, graduate and undergraduate authors are eligible for the Best Student Paper contest. The student must be the primary author and should indicate that they wish to be considered for the contest when submitting the preliminary manuscript. Each student’s professor will be asked to certify that the paper is primarily the work of the student.
SPECIAL ISSUE OF IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON EMC
Authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their conference paper for possible inclusion in a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility featuring papers from the 2017 IEEE International Symposium on EMC including SIPI 2017. These submissions will be subjected to the same rigorous review as papers submitted for publication in regular issues of the IEEE Transactions on EMC.
GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS & SUBMITTAL PROCEDURES
Prospective authors must submit electronically**:
• A preliminary manuscript (4 – 6 pages) including all relevant results and conclusions
• Choice of presentation format (traditional oral or open forum)
** Preliminary Manuscripts and Final papers are to be submitted through a website after November 1, 2016. Check back with the conference web site for updates on the paper submission process. During the electronic submission process a unique author code is created for tracking purposes. Submissions are reviewed anonymously so please do not include author names or affiliations on the Preliminary Manuscript. Failure to do so may result in rejection.
PAPER ACCEPTANCE PROCEDURES & CRITERIA
• Importance of Topic: Does it have direct significance to the SI/PI/EMC community?
• Technical Sophistication and Depth: Does it present information that is a significant contribution, advancement, application or refinement of the state of the art? Does it expose the reader to a higher knowledge level than currently available from other sources? Is it clear that the work has been substantially completed or is the submission an interim report of progress on a long term project?
• Readability, Clarity and Presentation: Is the value of the submission clearly defined? Is the material written in clear and concise English, with topics presented in an organized and logical manner?
• Novelty and Originality: Does it propose a new and unique concept or expand on an existing premise from a unique point of view? Does it present new information on an SI/PI/EMC issue that is still in developmental stage?
The template files to be used for all paper submissions can be found here:
Please submit Preliminary Manuscripts and Final papers using our online submission system.
The template files for PowerPoint presentations can be found here. The screen size is 16:9 widescreen.