PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT HOURS (PDH)
Simply stated, a Professional Development Hour (PDH) is an hour of instruction or presentation.
Who needs a PDH?
Each year, licensed Professional Engineers (PEs) are expected to show continuing education. This is often done by earning PDH credits and submitting evidence to the individual State Board or Certifying Body to support the claim. Some U.S. states have strict requirements for their licensed PEs on what constitutes an eligible PDH, and the IEEE EMC Society has instituted a tracking system at the annual Symposium to help fulfill these requirements.
2017 IEEE EMC Symposium
The IEEE EMC Society is offering PDH credit hours to EMC+SIPI Symposium registered technical attendees. Credit hours may be earned by participating in any combination of paper sessions, workshops & tutorials, Global University, and technical meetings.
The IEEE is required to collect evidence that the PDH candidate attended each session for which credit is claimed. Each PDH candidate is therefore expected to:
- Sign up for PDHs on the symposium registration form or at the Registration Desk
- Pay $20 fee (free for EMC Society members; but must be a member at the time of registration.)
- Provide P.E. credentials or similar
- Sign in and out of each session outside each meeting room (scan your badge)
- Complete an evaluation form for each session that credit is claimed
- Submit all evaluation forms to EMCS.email@example.com no later than the Friday following the symposium closing.
Note to attendee: if there are no badge scanners at the Technical Committee meetings, your statement will be honored if you attend a meeting.
The evaluation forms will complete the evidence needed for the PDH requirements, and enable you to summarize your attendance at the symposium. The total hours attended will be calculated along with the total number of PDH credits earned, and a PDH Certificate will be issued by the IEEE showing the total earned PDH credits.
Need something basic?
If all that you require is a signed Certificate of Participation to officially document attendance at the Symposium, these are now being offered free of charge to any attendee who requests one. Please visit the Registration Desk to pick up your personalized certificate.