ANSI C63 WORKSHOPS
EMISSION TEST SITE VALIDATION
(Draft ANSI C63.4a) and Antenna Calibration (ANSI C63.5) Workshops
(Visit www.c63.org for more information)
These two workshops are combined into one day covering these topics: (1) review of the updated emission test site validation procedure between 30 MHz and 1 GHz using the so-called normalized site attenuation (NSA) approach. This is intended to replace what is in Annex D in C63.4-2014 and (2) description of the recently published ANSI C63.5 covering antenna calibration and replacing the 10-year-old version of that standard. These workshops are designed to increase your understanding of the updated Annex D in C63.4 and the modifications in the 2006 edition of C63.5 covering antenna calibrations for making emission measurements. For the C63.4a workshop, key changes include performing NSA measurements at 5 meters, highlighting the requirement to have NSA performed with NSA transmit antennas at the height of the equipment being tested, and better defining the maximum frequency intervals in the measurement process. For the C63.5 workshop, the major changes made to the 2006 edition will be presented. These include a new section covering free space correction terms for tuned dipole antennas and biconicals, and one covering calibration frequency spacing. Completely new to C63.5 is a section on the use of time-gating to determine free-space antenna factors above 1 GHz. Several annexes have been added on the site comparison approach. Calibration site requirements and qualifications for hybrid antennas will be explained.
In the Draft C63.4a workshop, you will learn changes to Annex D (NSA) of the 2014 editions in these areas:
- Changes to test site validation procedures (30 MHz to 1 GHz)
- Regulatory implications
- Changes in the application of NSA for tall equipment under test (EUT)
- The increased understanding on how to calculate NSA for EUTs of varying heights above 2 meters.
- The need to adjust maximum frequency steps for the discrete and swept validation approaches.
In the Antenna Calibration (C63.5) workshop, you will learn:
- How to apply time-gating
- Application of site comparison method
- More stringent calibration site requirements
- Specific application for hybrid antennas
SUPPORT MATERIAL PROVIDED
- A complete lecture flash drive
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Test lab engineers and technicians performing site validation
- Test chamber manufacturers
- Those using and calibrating antennas in making radiated emission compliance measurements
- Calibration and measurement accreditation bodies
- Regulatory compliance managers
- Lab quality assessors
DATE AND LOCATION
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745, USA
The workshop room name will be provided upon registration confirmation.
Lecture flash drive, continental breakfast, lunch, breaks, and completion certificate. Fee does NOT include copies of the draft or published standards. Fee does NOT include hotel accommodations. See Hotel Page for more information.
Half-day August 5 Registration: 12:00 pm Class: 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm